Nissan shakes off the rust at 24 Hours of Le Mans test

Nissan shakes off the rust at 24 Hours of Le Mans test

Nissan took another step toward competing in this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans on Monday. The company saw 15 cars running with Nissan power in the test, including the DeltaWing.

The day also saw the return of Martin Brundle to the Circuit de la Sarthe. He will compete in the Greaves Motorsport LMP2 Zytec-Nissan with his son Alex Brundle and Nissan's first GT Academy winner, Lucas Ordóñez.

”I had to pinch myself in the driver's briefing to believe that I was really here,” Martin Brundle said. ”It is a rare privilege to race at Le Mans again, something I didn't think would happen in my lifetime. We have had a good day today and it is a case of mission accomplished for us. I was a little worried at lunchtime, but we had a great afternoon and we leave Le Mans tonight very happy with the position we are in.”

The other Nissan GT Academy winner, Jordan Tresson, took to the Le Mans track for the first time in the Signatech Nissan LMP car.

”Today has been amazing for me,” Tresson said. ”I first came here two years ago as a spectator, and then last year I was here working as an engineer. To be here as a driver, though, is something else, especially taking an LMP2 car through the Porsche Curves at full racing speed. I have been practicing day and night on my PlayStation, and I must say that GT5 is very accurate. We did a lot of hard work today, and we feel like we are used to the track now.”

The action will continue on June 14 in Le Mans, at the first practice session for the 24-hour race

Via: autoweek
You have read this article News / Nissan / Racing / Sports Car / Test with the title Nissan shakes off the rust at 24 Hours of Le Mans test. You can bookmark this page URL http://rouserworks.blogspot.com/2012/06/nissan-shakes-off-rust-at-24-hours-of.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Nissan shakes off the rust at 24 Hours of Le Mans test"

Post a Comment